Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

the mac factory.



Saturday is normally brunch-day - whether it be at home or out.  Last week my dad and I ventured into the Mac Factory after deciding it was too hot to cook (and wash up...).  For such a small, inconspicuous shop, it has a pretty big reputation for having amazing macarons and great breakfasts.


When you go inside, it's like you've died and gone to flavoured-rainbow heaven.  Colour, colour everywhere.



Poached eggs with toast, wild mushroom ragu & potato rosti: $12.00
Beautifully crusty toast, runny eggs, crispy rosti and fresh mushrooms - it was almost perfect.  Unfortunately the dish fell a bit short in terms of flavour.  Each item was a bit bland by itself and needed something salty or sour to tie it all together.  Other than that I have no complaints.  It was a fairly generous serving of mushrooms and the rosti was probably my favourite.

Pancakes with banana, peanut butter chocolate sorbet & maple syrup: $12.00
If you love your sweets, as my dad does, this is a good choice for you.  The peanut-butter chocolate 'sorbet' tasted more like icecream to me, but it any case it was super delicious.  I could probably just eat that whole chunk as a stand-alone dessert.  The pancakes were really sweet as well, so combined with the maple syrup it was like a sugar hit every time you take a bite.

Strawberry & White Chocolate, Peanut Butter: $2.50 each
You can't go to the Mac Factory and not get a few macarons, especially since they're all around you going 'Eat me! Eat me!'  I am not a macaron-eating expert by any means, but these two were pretty good.  I was surprised by the strawberry one - it tasted like a strawberry milkshake! Really yum.  The peanut butter one was also strongly flavoured and actually wasn't too sweet.

Mac Factory on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment