Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

chocolateria san churro.


San Churro had just opened when I first went to try it out with a friend.  In fact, I think we were one of it's first few day customers after opening the night before.  On the two occasions which I've been, I ordered the Peanut Butter Besos and an order of churros which corresponded to the number of people I went with.  Both times I was left with a very satisfied smile on my face and a very filled stomach.



Churros Fiesta
Churros for Two 
Having only tried churros once before coming here, and that experience being quite average, I found the San Churro churros to be quite delicious.  They were obviously freshly made since they were still really hot and crisp when they came to the table.  The churros came with pots of melted chocolate of our choice - dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate or caramel - and also came with a dusting of either icing sugar or cinnamon.  I think I prefer the icing sugar over the cinnamon, just as a personal preference.  The churros themselves had that oily crunch which is always welcome while the insides were soft and fluffy.

Peanut Butter Besos: $7

This is the most AMAZING drink I have ever had.  Amazing is in capitals because it is actually that good (I love peanut butter).  It can get a bit much with the whipped cream added on top but I love cream as well, so I'm not complaining.  Unlike a lot of other peanut butter-cross-something-else drinks, here the peanut butter flavour is very strong.  The creaminess of the drink, the slightly saltiness of the peanut butter and the sweetness of the milk chocolate mixed together are just incredible.  Unfortunately, due to the massive amounts of peanut butter and cream they use for the drink, this is not something my waistline can afford to consume on a daily basis.  I have, however, had sudden cravings for this drink which I have satisfied on a few occasions.  Shh.

I've read a lot of reviews which complain of lack of service, long waiting times and wrong orders.  On the two times I've been, I have always had very prompt service and the orders have always come out within a reasonable time.  The first time I went, the waiter was a bit bumbly and kept hovering near our table, but I think he was just a first-timer which is understandable.  The second time I went it was extremely busy but we were still treated well and had a great time.  The only thing I could complain about was that they didn't give us enough forks for the churros and spoons for our drinks, but that's hardly worth complaining about.  Overall I really like San Churro and look forward to trying their other desserts and drinks!

Chocolateria San Churro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment